Mishlei (Proverbs) 31:22,24

כב מַרְבַדִּים עָשְׂתָה-לָּהּ שֵׁשׁ וְאַרְגָּמָן לְבוּשָׁהּ
כד סָדִין עָשְׂתָה וַתִּמְכֹּר
She made for herself pleasant-looking bed covers; she also made herself white (linen) and purple garments to wear
She manufactured robes and sold them

Modest Swim Dress for Girls and Women

Baruch Hashem, I finally hand made my swim dresses for my girls. The pattern I use is a combination of a loose-fit top and an addition of a gathered skirt piece.  I customize the top with a mock neck band. The gathered skirt piece is just a rectangle whose width is twice the width of the bottom opening of the top (since my Serger gathers at 2:1) and whose length varies according to the height of my girls.

The entire dress is lined except for the neckband.  I purchased my fabrics from Fabric.com.  Search for the keyword phrase "nylon lycra swimwear" and you'll find a selection of swimwear fabrics.  For the lining, search for "nylon lycra tricot lining."  The pattern for the girls' top that I used is Kwik Sew 3476.  You can search for the keywords "Kwik Sew 3476" as well.  The length of the top goes down to the hips and you can adjust its length to suit your fancy if you want it shorter.  For women's sizes, you can choose "Kwik Sew 2900" or "Kwik Sew 3463."
Kwik Sew 3476
Kwik Sew 2900
Kwik Sew 3463

So, here are my final products -- they are extremely modest, skirt piece does not float in the water, they dry quickly and they are worn with Yisras Shamayim.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Training Girls in Dressmaking

In our times, it is highly commendable to train girls in the art of dressmaking and general sewing. Lessons should be given on this subject in schools, and if necessary, also in seminaries.

If the girl becomes really expert, she will even be able to make garments for herself, and later on, when married also for her daughters. Also, she could take up dressmaking as a profession.

Source: Modesty, an Adornment for Life, Rabbi Pesach Eliyahu Falk